Fashionlingual, a bilingual fashion blog, has nominated Papier de Norma for a Liebster Award! Merci beaucoup! A Liebster Award is an award given between blogs and bloggers. Once nominated, you write a blog post answering questions asked by the blog that nominated you. Later, you nominate your select blogs and create questions that you want your nominees to answer!
Fashionlingual has asked Paper de Norma to answer the following questions:
1. Why did you choose to create your blog?
Making cards has always been my hobby and many friends and family knew this about me. Around three years ago, I was approached by many different people asking me why I didn’t start my own blog, or card making business? I was moved at how much support I had and how many people believed that I could create something beautiful. On 1 November, 2011 Papier de Norma was founded by the love and support from those who matter most.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?
Since paper is my main resource I use and the cards are my production, it seemed logical to use “paper” and my first name, Norma, in the blog’s name. At that point in time, I was taking french lessons and thought (and still believe, as I am now living in Paris) it was a beautiful language. Et voilà, Norma’s Paper = Papier de Norma!
3. How have you created (or continue to create) a buzz about your blog?
My blog is different from certain DIY blogs, because I simply just show the end product. It’s sending and receiving a card from Papier de Norma that creates a buzz. For Papier de Norma, it’s mostly through word of mouth and Facebook.
4. What are your goals for the blog?
At the moment, I am still living in Europe, exploring culture and life in this part of the world where there is also endless beautiful paper. I would love to have beautiful paper and cards in my shop one day, once I have made one place my home.
5. From where does the inspiration for your blog posts come?
As I have mentioned before, my cards are usually made for someone close to me and my inspiration comes from that person. However, inspiration comes from my surroundings as well. The streets, museums, bridges, etc. in Paris are quite impressive. Paris has some of the world’s most beautiful art and also beautiful paper/book shops with endless supplies and resources.
6. What’s your number 1 tip for new bloggers?
An important tip is discipline. A blog needs to be clear, cared for, and looked after which all takes discipline from the creator.
7. What are your 3 favorite blogs?
As I am living in Paris and I have become more interested in blogs related to the city and also french bloggers. The blogs are written in French and they give me an inside on the french language and culture as well. I am particularly interested in 2 french blogs. My first, which has nice suggestions for “restos/bars” in Paris is: My Little Paris. The second which always has creative and new DIY is: Make my Lemonade. Lastly, LEAF is a blog with how-to videos that cover Living, Eating and Fashion and have quite original ideas.
8. Who do you most admire and why?
It is very cliché, but that would have to be my mother. A very strong, charismatic, and loving woman who has always believed in me every step of the way. She really is the light in the dark.
9. What is your favorite quote?
Love conquers all. – Virgil
10. What is your favorite brand?
It depends on what we are talking about.
PAPER PRODUCTS: Clairefontaine/Artoz/Toga/Reda&Ordning…
BAGS: vintage or Bimba&Lola (seems to be a re-occuring theme…)
Just to name a few…
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Running a study abroad program or working with international students.
Papier de Norma’s Nominees:
Papier de Norma’s Questions for the Nominees:
- What is the number one reason for starting your blog?
- What do you want your readers to take away from your blog?
- What is your favorite blog post from your own blog, so far?
- What’s the best advice you’ve ever gotten?
- What are three things you cannot live without?
- What’s your idea of a perfect Saturday or Sunday?
- What is your favorite recipe to make (or one you’re just really good at)?
- What TV show can you not stop watching?
- When happy/excited/sad/trouble etc., who do call?
- What makes you smile?
- What quality do you find the most attractive in others?